July 30, 2013

Trivia Blog: All Things Dayquil

These Trivia Blog posts come from the emails I send out as Quizmaster of the Gael Pub Trivia Night every Tuesday.  But seeing as how they comprise most of the writing I seem to do these days, I thought it fitting to include them on the Pale Writer blog as well.  I won't include things like info about categories or drink specials, but will keep the bulk of the rest.  Hopefully you enjoy, so much so that you come out some Tuesday at 8:30 (3rd Ave. b/t 82nd and 83rd)...

Thoughts that have passed through my increasingly cold medicine-addled mind today as I rest up and try to get my sick body in trivia hosting-shape for you all tonight:

  • I can’t fathom any situation that I could find myself in where I’d want to sleep with any of the hosts of The View.
  • Unless Joy Behar’s got some really good weed.
  • I think my cat wants to eat me.
  • If the various medicines, salves and pills marketed to them during daytime TV are any indication, old people are living a horrible existence. They’re just a sad collection of bad backs, non-working nether regions, arthritis, partial blindness and whatever the hell Raptiva treats (hopefully it keeps raptors away, because those things are dangerous). But hey, cheaper movie tickets.
  • What does the “quil” part of “Nyquil/Dayquil” stand for? It seems like it wants to be a medicinal portmanteau, and I get the night/day thing they’re going for with the first part, but is the “quil” part supposed to be “tranquil”? “Quill pen”? “Tequila”? I bet it’s “tequila.”
  • I should really feed the cat.
  • Why would anybody choose to drink cough syrup to get high? This shit tastes terrible. Lil Wayne, you clearly have lil judgement.
  • Wendy Williams looks like Arsenio Hall during that scene in Coming to America where he plays a woman who hits on Eddie Murphy.
  • And yet I’d still choose her over the ladies from The View.
  • I have no time for Rachael Ray and her ridiculously misspelled name. You and Dwyane Wade aren’t fooling anybody.
  • I need a nap. Why is the cat coming at me holding a knife and fork…?

No comments: