These people need to learn about tolerance, y’all.
So this whole story about Paula Deen not having her contract renewed by the Food Network because she used the N word is amazing. Not because of Paula’s part in it. A Southern lady using a racial slur registers as news about as much as me getting sunburned on a hot day.
No, what’s fascinating to me has been the massive outcry by Paula’s fans who rushed to her defense because, I don’t know, racism? It’s amazing that in this day and age, people will still try to defend something so ignorant. The comments in that article I linked to above alone are worthy of an anthropological study. A small sampling:
“Ruining a woman’s life and business (along with that of her sons) for something she said years ago, for use of a word that is common place with rap stars and comedians, and between members of the younger generations, is unconscionable.”
“Our children are being brain washed from K – College to become mindless, liberal robots that regergitate leftist slogans like North Koreans at a Kim Suk Ralley. This type of suppression of free speech should be stopped, but there are those that want to instill ‘fear’ in anyone that might go off the liberal reservation.”
“White people are referred to constantly with derogatory names and no one cares. Enough with the double standard.”
“I know why. Because she’s white, female, and successful, which scares the bejeevers out of the liberal left!! I’m exhausted by this blatant double standard take down of an honest, lovely lady.”
Wow. Just… wow.
What people don’t know, though, is that Paula doesn’t need defending. In fact, she’s doubling down on her comments and her fans’ support and has plans to open a racist-themed restaurant, and will probably make billions off of it. I reached out to my sources, and was able to dig up some dirt on this new racist restaurant. Here are just some of the items you can expect to find on the menu:
- I Don’t Like the Look of That Black Guy-ed Peas
- Lasagn-Ya Sure Are Hairy, Ain’t Ya?
- Something French That Smells Bad. Shocking.
- Good, Hardworking, God-Fearing Burger and Fries
- Crippled By Alcoholism Irish Soda Bread
- Bangers and Mash? How ‘Bout Brushes and Floss for Them Crooked Teeth, Guv’nah?
- Spatzel? What’s So Spatzel About Egg Noodles, You Krauts?
- Wholesome, Tax-Paying Apple Pie
- Some Mexican Dish That’s Probably Got Lots of Beans and Rice in It
- General “Tso Which of Them Asian Countries You From?” Chicken