May 28, 2013

Trivia Blog: It Makes Spidey Sense

These Trivia Blog posts come from the emails I send out as Quizmaster of the Gael Pub Trivia Night every Tuesday.  But seeing as how they comprise most of the writing I seem to do these days, I thought it fitting to include them on the Pale Writer blog as well.  I won't include things like info about categories or drink specials, but will keep the bulk of the rest.  Hopefully you enjoy, so much so that you come out some Tuesday at 8:30 (3rd Ave. b/t 82nd and 83rd)...

Does whatever a Spider can’t… or won’t… because he’s super busy… or thinks it’s beneath him…

I had a damned fine surprise while walking to work this morning when I discovered that the new Spider-Man movie (The Amazing Spider-Man) was filming just a block from my office. This is one of those things I love about New York, the fact that I can say things like, “Today, while walking to work, I saw Spider-Man being filmed and a homeless guy peeing on a trash can.”

My one regret, though, is that I missed a prime chance to finally convince Spider-Man to take me on as a sidekick. The way I see it, I could use one of these arguments to win him over:

  • “I look great in tights, but not so bulge-y that I’m distracting.”
  • “If you really want to make a cool entrance, I could always go to places ahead of time and be the guy who yells, ‘Oh, wow, it’s Spider-Man!’ and really gets the crowd going. Kind of like a fluffer, minus the blowjob part.”
  • “I couldn’t be any worse than Alpha. Remember that guy? What a cock-knocker.”
  • “If I don’t shower for a week, I can sort of cling to walls, too. And repel women. That’s sort of a super power.”
  • “If your storylines start to weaken, we can always kill me off and have you scream “Noooooooooooooo!!!” to the sky and vow to seek vengeance. That’s worked for Batman like 6 times.”
  • “Much like a spider, I have only eight toes. Thanks, diabetes.”
  • “I promise not to get too handsy when I’m clinging to you while we swing through the city. Probably.”

No comments: