October 4, 2011

Trivia Blog: Funemployed

These Trivia Blog posts come from the emails I send out as Quizmaster of the Gael Pub Trivia Night every Tuesday.  But seeing as how they comprise most of the writing I seem to do these days, I thought it fitting to include them on the Pale Writer blog as well.  I won't include things like info about categories or drink specials, but will keep the bulk of the rest.  Hopefully you enjoy, so much so that you come out some Tuesday at 8:30 (3rd Ave. b/t 82nd and 83rd)...

You can’t spell “unemployed" without "money."”  “Yodel,” either.

Wonderful Gael Pub triviagoers, I apologize for the late email today, and it’s going to be a short one, but your loving Quizmaster has been enjoying the bliss of not having to go to work all day today.  My last day at my old job was yesterday, and I get to have a relaxing, no-pants-required week at home until I start my fantastic, shiny new job next week.  My day has been filled with blasting through my overstuffed DVR, forming a perfect me-shaped groove into my couch, and proving that yes, indeed, you can have a sandwich every meal of the day.  Take that, Michelle Obama.

After finishing up the latest episode of Breaking Bad and finding myself weighing the pros and cons of a career in meth manufacturing/mustache growing, I even found myself gazing into the sad abyss of early afternoon network TV.  And like I’ve said before, from what I’m seeing of the commercials aimed at them during daytime television, old people are a mess.  Their bones are crumbling to dust, their cholesterol is through the roof, their hearts are trying to crawl out of their throats, and they’re just incapable of having one good goddamned erection, or at least not without first sitting out in the backyard, bathing in separate tubs whilst watching the sun set.  No wonder they want us off their lawns so badly.  That’s the bathtub staging area.

No comments: